Gerard Jones Stage Director
English opera director Gerard Jones was a member of the Jette Parker Young Artists Programme 2015–17 Seasons. His credits as solo director at the ROH include:
- La Tragedie de Carmen, at the Wiltons Music Hall (Lynbury under renovation)
- Handel’s Orest, at the Wiltons Music Hall (Lynbury under renovation)
- JPYAP Summer performances on the main stage of the Royal Opera 2016
- JPYAP Summer performances on the main stage of the Royal Opera 2017
He started his career as Assisting/Revival Director of established names such as Richard Jones, Graham Vick, Moshe Leiser and Patrice Caurier, Anthony McDonald, David Alden, John Fulljames and Kasper Holten.
Titles include Orphée et Eurydice, Eugene Onegin, Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk, Boris Godunov, 4.48 Psychosis, Così fan tutte, Written on Skin, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Der Ring des Nibelungen, La Traviata, Macbeth, Falstaff, Anna Nicole, Gloriana, Peter Grimes, Quartett, and Der Rosenkavalier, Il turco in Italia, Rodelinda and Morgen und Abend.
Theatres include the Royal Opera House, Glyndebourne, Salzburg Festivals, Teatro alla Scala, Bolshoi Theater, Santa Fe Opera, San Francisco Opera, New York City Opera and Staatsoper Hamburg.
Jones studied Italian and German at University College London and graduated in clarinet.
His upcoming premieres include two distinct production of Manon Lescaut:
- 25 January 2020 – Premiere of Mat Staatstheater Mainz
- 09 May 2020 – Premiere at Opera Poznan
Manon Lescaut by Gerard Jones video teaser
Gerard Jones: Manon Lescaut, January 2020
Gerard Jones, Portfolio reel 2018
Sermodus is a boutique artists management agency. We work with premier artists and collaborate with opera and music directors in first class performances.